Thursday, January 17, 2008

Dentist & a Date with Daddy

Yesterday was a big day for Nathan. He had his second dentist appointment. But this one was different on many levels.

First, we told him only he could go back when they called his name. Just like Mike did when he went a couple weeks ago. He was going to be a big boy and do it on his own.

Second, it was a different dentist than the first time around.

Third, it was only Mike and Nathan who went to the appointment.

Fourth, Nathan did everything so well. He did not even hesitate when Holly called his name. He just got up and walked back with her like a big guy. (It was a little hard for me (Mike) to just stay out in the waiting room and watch him go back)

Fifth, he did awesome. Yes, he was timid, but he didn't cry. He let them look in his mouth and did everything he was supposed to do. This was a vast improvement!

Afterward, he and I got to go out to eat. He picked McDonald's. It was a great lunch, I think the first time he and I have gone on a "date with daddy" and it was so cool. I hope he enjoyed it as much as I did. Then we went to Rural King to look at the toys.

Part of me is ready for him to grow up, so we can do more things like this - but the other part of me doesn't want him to get any bigger. I like him just the way he is.

No comments: