Saturday, March 22, 2008

locked out & breaking in

Last week something potentially bad happened. We were leaving to go to the library to get some new books. Well, for some reason I walked out of the house without my keys. Amy did not take her keys because we were just going to the library (and she thought we might just leave the house unlocked). At step 20, I looked up and asked Amy "Do you have your keys?" "No"

That's when I knew it was bad. I had locked us out of our own house. We didn't have keys for the car or the house. So, I walked around to the back to check and see if we left a door unlocked. No, we're too safe for that :)

So, I set to try to break into my own home. After trying and trying to break in, I did it. It was a great feeling (?) to be able to break into my own home. At the same time, Amy was in the back trying to break in. Neither of us knew that the other was breaking in.

Right when I got in, Amy was getting in. So we both managed to break into our house at the same time :)

The next morning, Nathan was talking to Wes at breakfast telling him about how "daddy" was "awesome & strong" and was able to get in the house without a key. For Amy it was pretty amazing to listen to the boys talk about Mike in such a way. It also made me (Amy) think of how often I talk about our Heavenly Father that way...something to think about.

No comments: