Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Yet another first

Today can go in the record books as a day-that-you-heard-happen-to-others-and-always-hoped-would-never-happen-to-you-day.
I pulled into work today, running a little late as usual, and as I put the car into park it happened. Yep, the thing you always hear about but never want to experience. I look in the rear view mirror to see Nathan (as politely as I can say it) upheaving his stomach contents. (By the way, as a side note, when he gets older you don't have to tell him that I told this story on the internet--that may give him a complex). So, unsure of what to do, I get out of the car and open the back door, a little stunned by the whole scence, and try to "catch" round two with his blankie. The story goes on, but I think you should be getting the picture here. :)
Anyways, this was a situation that I had heard of before and always wondered, "humm, what would I do if that were me?" Well, now I can say from experience that you just sort of kick into a mode that causes you to take control and do what comes naturally. I am always amazed at how God has given us instincts that just sort of take over. You see, if someone had told me 2 years ago, before we knew that Nathan was on the way, that I would one day be in a car full of...well, you know, and late for work (on I should add a day I couldn't be late for because it was the first day of school and I was to be taking the afterschooler there), and 7 months pregnant- my response would have been ewww at first and then a feeling of great anxiety and helplessness. Prior to being in the situation I don't think I could have handled even the thought of it occuring.
Okay, so here's the profound thought--thanks for hanging in there during the puke part of the story--isn't life like that? It seems as if the more we know beforehand, the more anxious we will become. The wisdom of God is seen in the fact that he kept his omniscience to himself.
--Amy--

No comments: